17 September 2010

Oh Why, Oh Why, Would I Want to be Anywhere Else?

I assure you I am hard at work on New York Fashion Week... Unfortunately, posts are taking much longer than I expected. I might have to just post pictures from the shows and review only certain ones for now, just so I can get caught up, because if you caught the reference in the title there, I'm quite late for other important dates: London Fashion Week starts today, and good Lord am I excited. I can't wait to see what Christopher Bailey has been working on after those aviator jackets back in March, and as I've already mentioned in earlier posts, I'm dying to see ACNE's first London showing after missing them in Copenhagen.

Anyway, showcards have been up for a little while now, but I'll send you over to models.com so you can have a looksie if you haven't already. Please note that IMG actually made theirs presentable for London; much better than what they turned out for New York.

Actually, speaking of IMG, you might have heard they got a new signing at the beginning of New York: Miss Chanel Iman, darling at US Vogue. I can't say I'm a fan of anything she's done thus far, but I'm really hoping IMG can do something to change that. She has an intriguing face, and regardless of the rumours surrounding her diva persona, I would really like to see her do more editorial pictures. I'm all for happiness and smiling, but she could do with a bit more flexibility. Fingers crossed that IMG gets her frowning a bit more often.

I'll also leave you with the schedule for London, just so you have an idea of the when and the what.

Peace, love, and floating,
Gill Ford

No comments: