9 May 2011

Top HF Runway Model Ranks

I've added a new page to the Not So Swedish blog, which will house the new Top High Fashion Runway Model Ranks. I know very few people who understand the system behind the models.com rankings, so I decided to devise my own. The details of how points are awarded are all on that page now, along with the preliminary rankings after the first round has been completed. For anyone interested, the top 10 is presently:

  1. Julia Saner
  2. Mirte Mass
  3. Monika "Jac" Jagaciak
  4. Anja Rubik
  5. Ruby Aldridge
  6. Arizona Muse
  7. Daphne Groeneveld
  8. Freja Beha Erichsen
  9. Frida Gustavsson
  10. Kasia Struss
I stress that these ranks are based on runway ONLY. Points are earned on the basis of how many shows a model walks, the quality of those shows, and whether they open or close. Bonuses are also awarded for certain milestones.

At the present time, I have no intentions of incorporating print work (magazine covers, editorials, advertising campaigns, etc.) into this, as such a task would be enormous, and one that I am incapable of completing on my own. In the future, this may change, but for now, I hope this new system is helpful!

Peace, love, and floating,
Gill Ford

2 comments:

Allana said...

I love you for this. THANK YOU

Annika said...

This is a cool idea, look forward to the final results!