10 February 2011

Stuck In New York, And The Rain's Coming Down; Still In Line For The Vanity Fair

I hope you are ready for New York Fashion Week folks, cos we are already underway! Last season I tried to keep up reviewing collections on an individual basis, but not only did I fail miserably in doing so, I mysteriously lost much of the work that I did do. So we'll be working with a new system for Fall/Winter 2011. This season, I'm planning on going with a day-by-day summary of events, picking out individual elements that seem of interest or importance to me/the fashion world in general. Unfortunately, this will mean some things will be missed due to lack of time or perception on my part. SO if I miss something that you guys feel was noteworthy, please leave a comment in the section below, or send me an email with the request! Of course, you may deem my own opinions unworthy of your time, in which case, you can prompt discussion in the comment section as well. Learn from each other, people, it's an excellent system.

I'm still looking for a comprehensive schedule of all the shows, but for today (Thursday, February 10th, 2011) this is what I've been able to gather:

9:00 AM Nicholas K
9:00 AM Steven Alan
9:30 - 10:30 AM Porter Grey
10:00 AM BCBGMAXAZRIA
11:00 AM Richard Chai
12:00 PM Vena Cava
1:00 PM Jenni Kayne
1:00 PM Duckie Brown
2:00 PM Victor de Souza
2:00 PM Whit
3:00 PM Luca Luca
3:30 - 4:30 PM Mara Hoffman
4:00 PM Tadashi Shoji
4:00 PM Marlon Gobel
5:00 PM Rachel Comey
6:00 PM Eva Minge
6:00 PM Wayne
6:00 PM Jad Ghandour
7:00 PM Christian Siriano
8:30 - 9:30 PM W Hotels Global Glam
9:00 PM Irina Shabayeva

There were also a few shows/presentations that occurred on the eve of fashion week, including the debut of Miss Rachel Zoe and the next installment of Zac Posen's fledgling Z Spoke label, so I'll get to those later on today. Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying the shows that have taken place already, and are excited about the upcoming ones! Word on 65th and Columbus is that a number of modelling heavyweights (oxymoron, I know) will be absent from the Big Apple this season with Abbey Lee Kershaw pulling out for sure, and persistent speculation over Sasha Pivovarova, Freja Beha, and others. No word yet on any truth behind them, but we'll know in a matter of time. While some of you will be sad at the thought of not seeing some of your favourite faces, take heart: this will be an excellent opportunity for new faces to shine, whether they are returning for a second or third run (a la Arizona Muse and Caroline Brasch Nielsen), or taking their first bow. 

In light of fashion weeks starting, much of my time will be taken up following the shows, but I should have my latest music posts up soon as well. Feel free to take this post's title as a hint in that direction. 

Peace, love, and floating,
Gill Ford

No comments: