19 October 2010

Confessions of a Slacker

It is to my complete and utter regret that I've been slacking in my contributions to the blog over the last few weeks. Unfortunately, this is one of many necessary sacrifices a university student has to make during the dreaded midterm exam period...


Thanks to the vigilance of a kind Danish reader, my attention has also been drawn to the absence of significant portions of my fashion week coverage. This includes posts from the tail end of New York and Paris, and all posts from London and Milan. I am baffled as to why they are not showing up, and I do not have the time to recreate them from scratch at the present time. Once exams settle down, I assure you this problem will be taken care of as quickly and efficiently as possible! Until then though, I would encourage you to check out style.com, style.it, and vogue.fr for the majority of the shows.


I hope everyone who was following fashion weeks enjoyed themselves, there were a lot of exquisite collections this season, and I will be doing a rundown of the top trends as soon as I've redone the mysteriously absent posts. What You Should Be Listening To will also have a new entry within the week.


I would also like to add to the Focus On... feature. Freja Beha Erichsen was the subject of investigation at the beginning of September, and judging by the view count on that one post, it was (and remains) extremely popular with readers. I'm not nearly vain enough to attribute this entirely to my literary talents, but I can only assume that there must be some reason for many of you returning again and again :). I've received one or two suggestions for new topics in the Focus On... feature, but I would love to get a better idea of what you all want to read about! Feel free to comment on this post, or fire off an email to notsoswedish.gmail.com. Topics that are most popular will be given higher authority, but I'll try to get to all of them at one point or another!


Peace, love, and floating,
Gill Ford

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi

i loved the freja post and want you to make another!!!!

but you just did her so do one about a different model next? like carolin brash nielson!

Anonymous said...

I like Karmen Pedaru. Please do this one. Sorry my english :(

elfinfan said...

Please please please do VLADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annika said...

I would love to know more about Caroline actually, she had such a great season! Yay for the great Danes!

Anonymous said...

luvvv ur blog, dont put urself down, ur a great writer :) could u post on kate moss?! or chanel iman, i luvvvvvvvvvv herrrrrr

kasia said...

focus on..... freja's f***buddies

cherry bomb said...

cats and ninjas. or more specifically ninja cats.

meow.

Anonymous said...

^^kasia, did you not read the Freja post... she doesn't do gossips, go to some forum and discuss it there..

Gill, I wonder if you could do a post on other people in the industry, like designers, or photogs, etc? Matthew Williamson just released a book recently that might be helpful for your research... Of course there's others too, I really liked Alberta Ferretti this season, and Isabel Marant? Just some suggestions/ideas :).

Anyway, really like the blog so far, keep up the good work! Hope school is going well for you!!

Anonymous said...

oh hey carta

Gill Ford said...

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions; I wasn't expecting so many so fast :)

I really appreciate the feedback you all give me, whether it is post comments or emails, and I'm also very grateful for the promotion that some of you appear to have been giving my blog recently!

Anyway, it will be a little while before the next Focus On will be posted, and if suggestions keep rolling in at the rate they have been, the winning subject could likely change... I'll set a deadline of October 25th as the end of brainstorming period, and then I'll set to work!

bang said...

MARC JACOBS

Anonymous said...

oooooh a post on McQueen might be a good idea just cuz he died and this was the first season his line was done by someone else!

prada in my pocket said...

so... who won?

Anonymous said...

do u know carta and catherine mcneil? because u made posts about cat before and carta commented on this post. i was just wondering because i wanted to know if u could tell cat that i really really love her shes the best and i like her new hair and im happy that shes having fun even tho shes not working all the time. i was just wondering if you could tell cat. thanks

Anonymous said...

^... are you retarded? b/c that's the only justification you've got going for you with a comment like that.